Tuesday 26 June 2012

Starts and Finishes.



A while ago I promised to make a quilt for my parents bed. They left the choice of design up to me but said to choose an easy design which wouldn't take too long, not so they would get their quilt quicker but to make life easier for me. I spent forever looking at quilt designs but couldn't make a decision as to what to choose. It felt that if I chose something too easy I wouldn't be putting enough effort in, I'm sure they wouldn't feel that though. In the end I decided on a medallion style quilt which I would make up as I went along. I know they like this medallion quilt I made a while ago.

This time I went for a storm at sea design for the centre panel. I love how storm at sea blocks create a secondary curved design but you don't sew any curves, admittedly the effect doesn't show up very well in this photo.  I've now added the first border which starts to turn the centre design into a medallion, it's made of  flying geese blocks but I've not taken any photos yet. The fabrics are a really pretty range called Flora by Lauren and Jessi Jung.


I've been delayed in getting on quicker with this by finishing the Siblings Together group charity quilts.
They're now all finished and hopefully will make too young men happy and cosy. Below is the one I've just finished, the other was quilted by Charlotte aka the weepixie and can be seen here.


And finally.......here are some roses from our garden and an attempt at artistic photography!

I'm linking up to Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday.
Maria .

5 comments:

Fran said...

You've been busy! I love those pink roses, and the pretty mat they're on.

Anonymous said...

I have a terrible time trying to decide exactly what design to use for those special people we love to make things for. Your parents quilt will be treasured by them!
Linda F.

Beth said...

Beautiful quilts.

Sarah said...

THose are great quilts - and to give them away - but for a good cause!

I understand your delieme re your parents quilt - but I really like what you have done. WHat ever you do they will love.

Sarah said...

I know I cannot spell dilemma