Thursday 8 January 2009

My new placemat



This is the first item I've made in 2009. It was good to start with something quick to get me back in the swing. I needed the instant gratification!

The placemat was made from fabric from Amy Butler's Midwest Modern range. I used the pattern given to me by my partner Marie from Linda's bag swap.



I was planning to make a full set but decided to make a table runner to match and I haven't enough fabric for both. Our dining table is now rather scruffy so I now keep a cloth on it and the mat looks lovely in the centre with this glass bowl on top.



Here is the side board on which I plan to put the table runner. It is looking rather bare as it is, mind you it is often the home to mail and other junk but I'm trying to keep it tidier. Not easy in this house.


I can't decide what pattern to do the table runner in. Must hurry up and make a decision soon though as I'd like to start it today. I have a HUGE pile of post Christmas ironing to catch up with though and it's staring at me in my sewing room.



Bye for now, Maria.



14 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pretty place mat and I love Amy Butler anything. How perfect with your beautiful bowl.

Amanda said...

Lovely fabric, lovely pattern, lovely bowl. What more can you ask?

Sherri said...

The place mat is gorgeous...it looks like the bowl and the fabrics were just made for each other! A runner will be gorgeous as well!

Simone de Klerk said...

I love your placemat! The colors are gorgeous. Do you have the name of this kind of block. I joined the 4 season swap and somehow am still looking for a nice block to use. This one is more original than a log cabin. And I don't want to make stars ( my swapper wants something for Christmas)

Rachel said...

Wow, the bowl and the place mat look stunning together! Love the colours. Goodness, wish my sideboard was as tidy as yours, you can barely see the surface for "stuff"!
:)

wonderwoman said...

your placemat is lovely and the fabric is such gorgeous colours!
x

Unknown said...

Love the colours in the placemat & that Bowl is just Gorgeous with it..
cheers

Indigo Blue said...

Lovely colours and they go so well with the bowl too. For the length of the sideboard I would saya simple repeat pattern as you have quite a way for it to go.

Sarah said...

Ah it is so nice to achieve something isn't it. Well done! Looking forward to the runner : o )

Marie said...

I love your place mat and the colors and bowl look great together. I have reall enjoyed our blogging friendship. Keep in touch . Hugs, Marie

Things Hand Made said...

Hope you thought of which aptternbefore you succumbed to the ironing!

Cathy said...

Oh I know what you mean about the ironing! Mine is calling me from the Sewing Room...luckily I can't see it from the Study! Your placemat is gorgeuos...such fresh colours! Cathy

Gone to Earth said...

Beautiful fabric and a beautiful placemat.

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

The placemat looks wonderful. The fabric combinations are gorgeous. Can't wait to see the table runner.